Homeless Resource Center
Provides basic hygiene services and other resources.
Imagine you have been homeless, on the streets, for months. You have no income, though you’ve been looking for a job for weeks. Perhaps you have a long-term disability but you just can’t seem to get to those doctor’s appointments. People pass you on the streets, yelling “Get a job!”. If only they realized it’s not so simple…
How could you walk into a place, your clothes tattered and torn, having not showered in weeks or months, and humbly ask for work? Who would hire you looking the way you do? If you were the one looking for help, would you hire someone who looked homeless??
Below are the three basic goals of the Housing Resource Center and the components of each goal:
- To assist homeless persons and families with obtaining an income
- Case Coordination/Management
- Links to job training and placement services
- Assistance with filing disability applications
- Transportation for appointments and job-related activities
- Access to hygiene facilities
- To provide a Hygiene Center for people experiencing homelessness
- Laundry Facilities
- Hygiene items such as soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, etc.
- To meet some basic needs of homeless individuals to assist them with securing income and housing
- Mailing address and phone number
- Internet, WIFI, and computer access
- Cell phone charging stations
- Storage lockers